Data protection declaration
Updated version dated 26.09.2018
This translation is provided for information purposes only. In the event of a difference of interpretation or a dispute, the original German version shall prevail.
The operators of these sites take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations and this data protection declaration. It is generally possible to use our website without providing personal data. Should personal data (for example name, address or email addresses) be gathered on our sites in order to use particular services, this always takes place voluntarily as far as possible. This data is not passed on to third parties without your express agreement. We wish to expressly point out that the processing of personal data always takes place in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the applicable country-specific data protection provisions. We also wish to point out that data transfer over the Internet (for example email communication) can demonstrate security risks. Our company has implemented technical and organisational measures in order to ensure the most comprehensive protection possible of data which is processed via this Internet site. However, it is not possible to fully protect the data against third-party access. Therefore, you also have other communication channels available to you, such as the postal service or telephone for the transfer of personal data.
2. Information, erasure, blocking, objection
At all times, you have the right to free-of-charge information concerning the personal data saved relating to you, its origin and recipients and the purpose of the data processing as well as the right to rectification, blocking or erasure of this data. For this purpose and should you have any other questions concerning personal data, you can get in touch with us via the contact information in the legal notice. Personal data is only processed and saved for the period of time which is necessary in order to attain the purpose of the saving or which was prescribed by the issuer of directives and regulations. Should the purpose of the saving no longer apply or should a saving period prescribed by the issuer of directives and ordinances expire, the data will be blocked or deleted in accordance with the statutory regulations. You also have the right to raise an objection at any time to the processing of personal data relating to you for reasons connected to your specific situation. This also applies to profiling. In case of an objection, we will no longer process this data, unless we can provide proof of mandatory protectable reasons for the processing which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms or if the purpose of the processing is the assertion, exercising or defence of legal claims. In accordance with Article 89 Paragraph 1 GDPR, you also have the right to raise an objection at any time to the processing of personal data relating to you for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes for reasons connected to your specific situation. An exception to the above applies if the processing referred to is necessary to fulfil a task which is in the public interest. You also have the right to revoke at any time consent which you have issued to the processing of your personal data. In order to claim the right of objection, you can get in touch with us directly.
3. Server logfiles
Each time you access the sites, the provider of the sites automatically gathers and saves information in so-called server logfiles which your browser automatically sends to us. This includes: Browser type/browser version, operating system used, referrer URL, host name of the accessing computer, time of the server access. This data cannot be assigned to a specific person. The data is not combined with other data sources. We reserve the right to subsequently check this data, should we become aware of concrete indicators of unlawful use. The purpose of this is to guard against dangers, for example in case of attacks against our IT systems and therefore in order to increase IT security at our company.
4. Contact form
Should you send us queries via the contact form, your information from the query form, including the contact data provided by you will be saved by us for the purpose of processing the query and in case of any follow up questions. We do not pass this data on without your consent.
In part, our Internet site uses so-called cookies. These are small text files which are deposited on a computer system via and Internet browser and saved. Cookies do not cause any damage to your computer and do not contain any viruses. The purpose of these is to make our service more user friendly, more effective and more secure. This also applies to a shopping basket cookie in our online shop. The online shop records the items which you have placed in the virtual shopping basket via a cookie. Most of the cookies used by us are so-called “session cookies”. These are automatically deleted after the end of your visit. Other cookies remain saved on your end device until you delete them. These cookies enable us to recognise your browser next time you visit. You can set your browser in such a way that you are informed of the setting of cookies and only permit these in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally and activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. Should cookies be de-activated, the functionality of our website may be restricted.
6. Data protection declaration for the use of Facebook plugins
Plugins of the social network Facebook (provider Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA) are integrated into our sites. You can recognise the Facebook plugins via the Facebook logo on our site. You can find an overview of the Facebook plugins here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
When you visit our sites, a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server is established via the plugin. By means of this, Facebook is informed that you have visited our site with your IP address. Should you click the Facebook “like” button whilst you are logged into your Facebook account, you can link the content of our sites to your Facebook profile. By means of this, Facebook can assign the visit to our sites to your user account. We wish to point out that as the provider of the sites, we have no knowledge of the content of the transferred data and its use by Facebook. Further information can be found in the data protection declaration of Facebook at http://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php. Should you not wish for Facebook to assign the visit to our sites to your Facebook account, please log out of your Facebook user account.
7. Integration of Google Maps
(1) We use the service of Google Maps on this website. By means of this, we can display interactive maps to you directly in the website, and this allows you to use the map function conveniently.
(2) By means of the visit to the website, Google is informed that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data which is gathered when you visit our website is transferred. This takes place regardless of whether Google provides a user account to which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. Should you be logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. Should you not wish your data to be assigned to your Google account, you need to log out before activating the button. Google saves your data as user profiles and uses this for advertising and market research purposes and/or to tailor the design of its website to customer requirements. Such use takes place in particular (even for logged in users) in order to provide tailored advertising and in order to inform other users of the social network of your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles; however you need to address this to Google.
(3) Further information concerning the purpose and scope of the data gathering and the processing of this by the plugin provider can be found in the data protection declarations of the provider. Here, you can also find further information concerning your rights and setting options in this respect in order to protect your personal privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has agreed to abide by the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
8. Use of Matomo (formerly Piwik)
(1) This website uses the Matomo web analysis service, in order to be able to analyse the use of our website and to regularly improve it. By means of the statistics which are obtained, we can improve our service and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Matomo is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter f) GDPR.
(2) For this evaluation, cookies are saved on your computer. The information which is gathered in this way is saved by the controller solely on its server in Germany. You can prevent the evaluation by deleting the existing cookies and preventing the saving of these. Should you prevent the saving of cookies, we wish to point out that you may not be able to fully use this website. It is possible to prevent the saving of cookies via your browser settings. It is possible to prevent the use of Matomo by removing the following tick and therefore activating the opt-out plugin: [Matomo iFrame].
(3) This website uses Matomo with the “AnonymizeIP“ extension. By means of this, IP address are further processed in shortened form, by means of which direct assignment to a specific person can be excluded. The IP address which is transmitted by your browser by means of Matomo is not combined with other data which is gathered by us.
(4) The Matomo program is an open source project. Information of the third party provider concerning data protection can be found at https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/.
9. Data protection declaration for the use of Twitter
Our Internet site contains functions of Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. Should you use Twitter and the “re-tweet” function in particular, Twitter connects your Twitter account to the Internet sites visited by you. This is notified to other Twitter users, in particular your followers. By means of this, data is also transferred to Twitter. As the provider of our Internet site, we are not informed by Twitter of the content of the transferred data or the data use. Via the following link, you can find comprehensive information: http://twitter.com/privacy. However, please bear in mind that you have the option of altering your data protection settings at Twitter in your account settings via http://twitter.com/account/settings.
10. Data protection declaration for the use of YouTube
Our Internet site uses plugins of the YouTube site which is operated by Google. The operator of the sites is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. Should you visit one of our sites which contains a YouTube plugin, a connection is established to the servers of YouTube. During this process, the YouTube server is informed of which of our sites you have visited. Should you be logged into your YouTube account, you are enabling YouTube to assign your surfing behaviour directly to your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account. Further information concerning the handling of user data can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
11. Use of our webshop
(1) Should you wish to place an order in our online shop, it is necessary for the conclusion of the contract for you to provide us with the personal data which is required to carry out your order. The necessary mandatory information for the performance of the contracts are marked separately. Any additional information is voluntary. We process the data provided by you in order to perform your order. For this purpose, we may pass your payment data on to our bank. The legal basis for this is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter b) GDPR. You can voluntarily set up a customer account, which enables us to save your data for subsequent purchases. When setting up an account under “my account”, the data provided by you will be saved in a revocable manner. You can always delete all other data, including your customer account, in the customer area.
(2) Due to regulations under commercial law and tax laws, we are obliged to save your address, payment and order data for a period of ten years. However, after two years we carry out a restriction of the processing, i.e. your data is only used in order to comply with the legal obligations.
(3) In order to prevent unauthorised third party access to your personal data, in particular financial data, the order process is encrypted by TLS technology.
(4) Credit card payments and payments via Giropay, PayPal and immediate bank transfer are carried out by PAYONE GmbH ·Fraunhoferstrasse 2–4 · 24118 Kiel, Germany – company headquarters: Kiel – Kiel Local Court Commercial Register B 6107 – Managing Directors: Carl Frederic Zitscher, Jan Kaniess – a Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe company.
12. Order processors
We work with the following service providers (order processors) with whom a separate order processing contract has been concluded in order to guarantee the protection of your personal data:
eifel-online GmbH, Mechernich, www.eifel-online.com
Eurofins GATC Biotech AG, Konstanz, www.eurofinsgenomics.eu
LR-Medizinisch Diagnostisches Labor GmbH, Trier, www.lr-mdl.com
Novogenia GmbH, Eugendorf, www.novogenia.com/de
Pharmgenomics GmbH, Mainz, www.pharmgenomics.de
prographics, Aachen, www.prographics.de
WiRo Energie&Konnex Consulting GmbH, Aachen, www.wiro-consultants.com
13. Legal basis of the processing
Article 6 I a GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing procedures carried out by our company where we obtain consent for a specific processing purpose. Should the processing of personal data be necessary to fulfil a contract where you are the contracting party, the processing is based on Article 6 I Letter b) GDPR. For example, this is necessary for the provision of our analysis services, however also for the delivery of goods from our online shop. The same applies to processing procedures which are necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures, for example in case of queries concerning our products or services. We wish to point out that the provision of personal data is in part mandated by law or is required by contractual provisions. In order to fulfil our contractual obligations, it may be necessary for you to provide us with personal data which will then be processed by us (for example health insurance data, invoice recipients, etc.).
The controller under the GDPR and other data protection laws and provisions equivalent to data protection laws is:
Dr. Seibt Genomics GmbH
Phone: +49 228 338 8870